Job Type: Full-time
We are screening resumes and interviewing candidates for upcoming opportunities in this field. If you are an active or passive job seeker, we'd love to hear from you!
As the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for the day-to-day functions related to General Accounting and finance.
Controller Job Description
- Develop and deliver accurate and timely internal financial reports based on business requirements to support effective management and ensure responsible fiscal management, including completion of all journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger and the integrity of the accounting data
- Advanced knowledge in software applications – QuickBooks / Excel
- Provide ongoing process improvement/enhancement input and consistently help to ensure data integrity, accuracy and reconciliation to source documents and reports
- Manage regulatory reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual returns, and ensure compliance with local, provincial and federal reporting requirements
- Establish, monitor and/or maintain internal controls surrounding Accounting, Wage Costing and Inventory processes
- Manage any external audits by governments and/or other regulatory bodies, as required
- Supervise Payroll, Accounts Payable, Inventory staff
- Bank Reconciliations
- Multi company experience: Transfer of funds: Company to Company
- Have worked with Multi-currencies
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Job Costing and Inventory
- All Government Remittances: HST/Corporate Tax installments
- Source Deductions/EHT/WSIB
- Annual/Monthly Depreciation and year end schedule
- Lead, coach and mentor the team consistent with company policies, guidelines, and standards
Education and Experience Requirements
- Advanced Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Proven track record of successful Financial Management
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting with 5+ years of related experience in a similar role, including supervisory or managerial experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word)
- Ability to supervise and direct
- Excellent analytical, accounting, and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise systems and data integration
- Great Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skill
- Excellent command of English written and spoken.
Please submit your application with the word format of your updated resume.