BUSINESS ANALYST – FRTB
As an FRTB Business Analyst within Enterprise Market Risk Group, you will support the bank's implementation of the BCBS Minimum Capital Requirements for Market Risk, a.k.a. Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB).
In your role, you will provide analysis and assistance, ensuring that the strategic build-out of the overall Market Risk platform toward FRTB compliance is complete and robust.
Provide analysis and support on Market Risk Projects relating to FRTB implementation by:
- Assisting with the analysis of regulatory requirements and related guidance documents;
- Assisting with the documentation and reporting of system enhancements, business processes, operational controls, and data flows within the market risk technology platform, ensuring accuracy and consistency with FRTB standards;
- Assisting risk managers with the creation and development of project artefacts, such as detailed business specifications for market risk systems – with the goal of efficiently reaching FRTB standards;
- Assisting with business process engineering, ensuring all processes are effective, efficient and in compliance with FRTB;
- Providing effective User Acceptance Testing, ensuring the appropriate validation has occurred from Quantitative Risk Analytics and/or Model Risk;
- Working with Risk IT colleagues and other stakeholders to reach agreeable and effective solutions to often complex technical problems;
- Contributing ideas and concerns, and escalating issues for tactical and strategic system solutions and business process improvements;
- Assisting with communications and training of impacted staff;
- Assisting with project reporting and status updates to senior management; and,
- Taking on project management responsibilities as required.
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, either in Market Risk, Middle Office / Product Control or Back Office.
- Excellent quantitative skills, with MSc / PhD in Mathematical Finance or similar field.
- Solid knowledge of derivative pricing, market risk methodologies, systems and processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to clearly communicate highly technical concepts to business stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of IT practices and ability to manage and prioritize development tasks.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Results oriented with ability to work effectively under consistent time and workload pressures.
- CFA, FRM or other related professional qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience in a role within or directly supporting the market and/or counterparty credit risk groups.
Please attach a resume in Word format and a brief cover letter, indicating when you are looking to start, your salary range, hourly rate range (incorporated), as well as how soon you can interview. Thank you.
We specialize in the recruitment of high performing, talented, Accounting, Finance, and Project Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies for permanent, contract and project opportunities in Banking, Finance and Accounting. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the search process. As your trusted recruitment advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.