One of the Big 5 Banks is looking for someone to join their team for a 6 month contract role, located downtown Toronto.
Provide analysis and support on Market Risk Projects relating to FRTB implementation by:
- Ensures overall requirements will achieve business goals and objectives
- Manages requirements across a number of sub-workstreams by providing direction and governance to the BAs and engages with Program Management Requirements Lead and Business/Operations Leads
- Responsible for compliance to requirements approach, process and tools
- Ensures completeness and quality of requirements documents produced
- Co-ordinates with workstream QA Manager to ensure requirements are ‘Testable’
- Partners with the Business and Solution Architects to define business needs and explore, assess and recommend value-add solution options to satisfy these on the program
- Plans, elicits, analyzes documents, communicates and manages High Level requirements to meet business needs
- Partners with project management to identify projects interdependencies within the workstreams
- Assisting with the analysis of regulatory requirements and related guidance documents;
- Assisting with the documentation and reporting of system enhancements, business processes, operational controls, and data flows within the market risk technology platform, ensuring accuracy and consistency with FRTB standards;
- Assisting business SMEs with the creation and development of project artefacts, such as detailed business specifications for market risk systems – with the goal of efficiently reaching FRTB standards;
- Providing effective User Acceptance Testing, ensuring the appropriate validation has occurred from Quantitative Risk Analytics and/or Model Risk;
- Working with Risk IT colleagues and other stakeholders to reach agreeable and effective solutions to often complex technical problems;
- Contributing ideas and concerns, and escalating issues for tactical and strategic system solutions and business process improvements;
- Assisting with communications and training of staff
- Assisting with project reporting and status updates to senior management; and,
- Taking on project management responsibilities as required.
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, either in Market Risk, Middle Office / Product Control or Back Office.
- Hands on experience with Default Risk Charge (DRC)
- Excellent quantitative skills, with MSc / PhD in Mathematical Finance or similar field.
- Solid knowledge of derivative pricing, market risk methodologies, systems and processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to clearly communicate highly technical concepts to business stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of IT practices and ability to manage and prioritize development tasks.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Results oriented with ability to work effectively under consistent time and workload pressures.
Nice to Have:
- CFA, FRM or other related professional qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience in a role within or directly supporting the market and/or counterparty credit risk groups
Only those eligible to work in Canada need apply.