Business Consultant – Capital Markets
We are screening resumes and interviewing candidates for upcoming opportunities in the Capital Markets field. If you are an active or passive job seeker, we'd love to hear from you!
About our client:
Our client is one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies that provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
Why do you want to work here?
- Progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper.
- A dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing working environment. Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to build close relationships with various stakeholders
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Business Consultant – Capital Markets
Contracts typically range from 5 months to 6 months and are generally extended beyond 1 year.
- Reporting to the senior management the Business Consultant is responsible for leading and supporting various Regulatory Controls initiatives. They provide support to stakeholders and Lines of Business across product lines and global jurisdictions.
- In order to meet the requirements of this role, the Business Consultant must successfully manage solutions, technology maintenance tickets, document governance and control requirements for processes, establish enterprise partnerships, and interact with various stakeholders to deliver an efficient sustainable model.
- Provide SME knowledge and guidance to identify solutions that best fit end user needs.
- Analyze and evaluate identified solutions; facilitate end user decision making.
- Review and produce requirements documents.
- Create strategy planning for testing; establish appropriate test cases (with traceability to requirements documents) and other testing documents.
- Conduct post implementation monitoring and evaluation.
- Review, update, and reconcile various status reports.
- Collaborate with end users to define objectives, process, and requirements.
- Produce comprehensive artifacts in support of coverage to create and improve governance and controls to processes.
- Act has key stakeholder to provide input to other Regulatory Controls in-flight developments (ex. ATS project).
- Continuously seek opportunities to streamline and improve current processes to increase efficiency.
- Bridge the gap between Technology & Operations (T&O) developers & technical business analysts and end users, to articulate user expectations, and then identify effective solutions.
- Occasional HR & administrative duties (submitting timesheets, scheduling meetings, building PowerPoint decks, etc.) though this is NOT the focus of the role by any means
- 5+ years of experience of relevant experience is ideal
- Advanced level of knowledge on Agile, SDLC or any other relevant methodology
- Demonstrated knowledge of Capital Markets and understanding of industry regulatory requirements.
- Strong understanding Business Operations and Project lifecycle
- Skilled in process development and improvement.
- Excellent requirements management and documentation skills.
- Possesses advanced problem-solving and data analytical skills.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to influence and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with stakeholders of all levels of seniority (MUST)
- Able to perform under minimal supervision, while completing assigned tasks on time and with a mind set to increase efficiency and quality (MUST)
- Out of the box thinking – not simply accepting the way things are done, but not being afraid to make recommendations
Please attach a resume in Word format and a brief cover letter, indicating when you are looking to start, your salary range, hourly rate range (incorporated), as well as how soon you can interview. Thank you.
We specialize in the recruitment of high performing, talented, Accounting, Finance, and Project Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies for permanent, contract and project opportunities in Banking, Finance and Accounting. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the search process. As your trusted recruitment advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.