We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Controller to join their team engaged in mid-market private equity investing. The Controller’s responsibilities will be full cycle Fund and Corporate accounting.
- Full cycle accounting including: preparing and posting general journal entries; month end reconciliations; quarterly financial statement production; and preparation of materials for Management Committee meetings
- Preparing audited financial statements for the Funds including full note disclosures;
- Quarterly NAV determination for the Funds;
- Calculate carry interest as part of the determining the NAV;
- Treasury management including preparing cash reconciliations, wire payments, distributions and coordination with banks and lenders;
- Coordinate with other departments on matters such as capital calls, reinvestment of distribution proceeds, client reporting and performance measurement;
- Prepare tax working papers and tax returns (T2 Corporate and T5013 Partnership);
- File HST returns and remittances;
- Determine and administer distributions to firm’s operating partners;
- Ad hoc financial analysis.
- CPA designation with background in public accounting
- 2+ years experience within investment management/private equity
- Industry experience with exposure to full cycle accounting
- Ability to work well in a tight knit team with strong communication skills
- Highly organized with an ability to balance multiple projects