We are recruiting for a Corporate Accountant with experience preparing and analyzing quarterly financial statements, preparing consolidation entries and associated support, building relationships with the other teams & divisions and providing ad-hoc analysis.
- Prepare and analyze quarterly and yearly financial reporting (including sub-schedules and other details) to internal and external stakeholders on a timely basis
- Prepare consolidation entries and the associated working papers which include entries for but not limited to various accruals, amortization, deferred financial charges, assessed tax adjustments, joint venture and partnership income and loss pick up in holding companies’ books etc.
- Prepare support for financial statement notes
- Prepare account reconciliations, including reconciliations for intercompany account balance and transactions
- Ensure reasonableness and accuracy of accounts, financial statements, ad-hoc reports, year-end working papers
- Build relationships with development accounting team and other divisions to facilitate seamless quarterly and annual consolidated financial reporting
- Prepare schedules for audits and respond to auditor questions and issues in a timely manner
- Participate in team initiatives to implement process improvements for financial reporting, systems improvement and automation
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree at Bachelor level or above in Commerce or Business Administration with emphasis on Finance/accounting.
- Professional designation or working towards designation
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Previous experience in the residential/real estate industry preferred
- Previous experience with consolidation accounting preferred
- Experience with Yardi software is considered an asset