The Development Analyst will work on multiple exciting high-rise and low-rise residential development projects and new acquisitions in Toronto. You will be responsible for the day-to-day duties of managing complex real estate models, monitoring project performance, planning and analyzing budgets, financial reporting to executive team, partners, and other duties in support of the Development, Acquisitions, Finance, Construction, Sales & Marketing and Management Teams as needed.
- Assists with acquisitions, including initial site identification and analysis, assist with preparation of concept plans, market research and analysis, preparation of pro forma financials, and subsequent due diligence.
- Take ownership of the standard pro forma template development, continuous improvement and maintenance.
- Reviews, tracks and provides updates on overall project budgets and schedules, including initial pro forma financial models, on-going estimated cost-to-complete budgets and cash flow forecasts (including variance analysis), partner reporting packages, etc.
- Prepares financial and non-financial reports and presentations.
- Liaises with various internal departments and divisions to ensure financial and non-financial inputs and assumptions are current and accurate.
- Succinctly and accurately prepares agenda and minutes for internal and external meetings to track project progress as well and on-going responsibilities and deadlines.
- Assists with general administration as required.
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
- Completed a university degree and obtained professional accounting or financial analyst designation with exposure to real estate development (CPA or CFA would be an asset).
- 2 years of relevant work experience within the residential real estate development industry, including co-op and/or other internships.
- A high level of skill working within Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel modeling experience
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude in financial and other quantitative analysis, particularly financial modeling
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude analyzing site, building, and suite plans as well as other technical drawings (AutoCAD experience is a plus)
- Proven analytical and research skills