We are recruiting on behalf of our client, a mixed-use and high-rise residential Real Estate development firm. The Development Coordinator will focus on high-rise development projects and report to an experienced Development Manager. You will get insight into the operations and execution of real estate development projects and will work with a high-performing and passionate team.
- Assist the Development Manager with due diligence and feasibility studies for acquisitions and development projects
- Review Official Plans (regional and municipal), zoning by-laws, property assessments, and urban design guidelines, etc.
- Support the underwriting, design and planning of new communities with architects and building consultants
- Work with the Development Manager to create and track project schedules and budgets
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the municipal approvals process
- Assist the Development Manager in reviewing, assessing and commenting on all reports and plans for development application submission
- Proactively manages changes in project scope and establish contingency plans
- Assist the Development Manager to conduct field inspections, investigate project concerns, and organize on-site meeting to evaluate and solve issues
- 2+ years experience in land/real estate development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Planning/Urban Design, or equivalent
- MCIP, RPP, P.Eng or PMP professional designation preferred
- Knowledge of land acquisition process for greenfield and urban development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS project and AutoCAD experience preferred
- Concise and detailed with willingness to lead and collaborate
- A valid G driver’s license, access to a vehicle and ability to travel to various office locations