We are recruiting for a Development/Project Accountant on behalf of our client. This role reports to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for supporting the full cycle accounting, financial reporting and project budgeting/forecasting for Real Estate development projects.
You will be responsible for the following duties inclusive but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of monthly draw payment requests to owners, partners, and lenders;
- Prepare deposit scanning batches and record all bank transactions daily;
- Prepare bank and key account reconciliations;
- Maintain all System Budget records in the Company’s ERP system and ensure that the Departments receive monthly project budget status reporting;
- Communicate with the company’s external stakeholders to coordinate closing documentation and complete the project closing site record;
- Support the team requests for information, coordinate the completion of back-charge invoicing to trades, coordinate cost sharing recovery invoicing and tracking.
- Prepare Supplier Vendor account and project close-out reconciliations as needed to ensure the Company’s accounts payable records are accurate and supported by approved invoices;
- Provide enterprise system conversion support;
- Other duties or projects as required.
In order to qualify for the position, the candidates must possess the following skill set:
- An accounting designation is preferred and must have at least 5 or more years’ experience in a project or financial accounting.
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel;
- Have experience working effectively in a fast-paced company experiencing growth;
- Have strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills;
- Must possess excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Are enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated and able to collaborate openly within a team environment;
- Have strong process management and improvement skills with a mindset for continuous improvement;
- Have experience using Sage 300 or Newstar Systems.