FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing appropriate accounting processes and controls for a construction company.
- Responsible for ensuring that accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with statutory obligations and in line with the policies and principles the company has established.
- Follow the appropriate governance and internal control framework required for the Head Office and Projects in which the company has a share on.
- Responsible for Head Office and Project level reporting including monthly management accounts incorporating profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statement, monthly board pack, partner company reporting requirements, annual statutory accounts in accordance with Canadian GAAP and IFRS, ad hoc and other financial reporting as required for stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain accurate cash flow forecasts to ensure appropriate visibility of funding position, with recommendations for action to manage cash flows.
- Liaise between Parent company and the Companies shared by OHL Canada.
- Ensure the Company maximizes its revenue generating potential.
- Monitor costs and focus on efficiency savings
- Manage the year-end audit process and facilitate auditor requirements.
- File accurate and timely returns to the CRA as required.
- Responsible for managing members of the accounting function including participating in recruitment processes required, performance review, coaching and motivating team.
- Provide standard management reports and ensures all ad hoc financial reporting requests are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- University Degree in Finance, CPA designation is a plus.
- 10 years of experience in the same role
- Previous experience in a construction company is an asset
- Solid experience in Auditing, Taxes and Accounting
- Very good knowledge of Timberline software for Accounting and Finance is a must
- Very good knowledge of the local legislation and requirements related to Finance
- Proficient in reading, writing and speaking French and English (Spanish is an asset)
- Ability to analyze
- Strategic analysis
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Well-developed coaching and leadership skills
Only those candidates legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.
For additional job postings, please visit https://www.fpinc.ca/opportunities/