Director – Finance
- The candidate will form part of the accounting and finance group led by and reporting directly to CFO while working alongside accounting and finance personnel and other business units.
- The candidate’s main responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Preparing, underwriting, analyzing and evaluating pro-forma budgets and financial models and conducting due diligence for new real estate opportunities.
- Preparing, monitoring, analyzing and evaluating project budgets and business unit operating results on a regular basis and highlighting key opportunities, key issues and key variances in actual versus budgeted amounts.
- Preparing, underwriting, monitoring, analyzing and evaluating financing structures for projects and real estate assets and reviewing and negotiating each financing’s corresponding documentation.
- Managing certain aspects of cash management platforms with banking partners.
- Maintaining, growing and strengthening key partner relationships with its equity, lender, banking and other stakeholder partners and market participants.
- Ensuring ongoing reporting requirements for key stakeholders are provided when due and in a consistent, clear and accurate manner.
- Preparing presentations.
- Ensuring compliance with policies, processes and risk management practices while helping create and implement new initiatives.
- Managing a group of people (including an analyst(s) and accountant(s)) while being responsible for each person’s ongoing development and other HR functions.
- Be a results’ oriented, highly motivated, inclusive, collaborative, detailed, analytical and strategic real estate and finance professional with strong leadership characteristics and a focus on building relationships, developing people, risk management, execution and delivering strong financial results in accordance with strategic goals and objectives.
- Have at least 7 years of relevant real estate industry and/or professional experience.
- Have an undergraduate or masters’ degree in either business, finance or accounting with a CPA or CFA professional designation being a key asset.