Our banking client is looking for an Finance Manager for their Global Functions Finance department. This position is located downtown, Toronto. Some over time is required.
Brief Project Description:
- Lead and coordinate the financial forecasting and planning process for Global Functions.
- Lead and manage end-to-end Enterprise Stress Testing for Global Functions
- Collaborate with Global Functions Finance partners to enhance and maintain F&P process and system.
- Subject matter expert for all Forecasting and Planning project with close collaboration with Strategic Initiatives team and Finance partners.
- Proactively identify efficiencies and process improvements
- Validate data accuracy and provide actionable analysis on operating results
- Lead process for Forecast, Plan, 5 Year Outlook and Stress Testing for Global Functions.
- Maintain Global Functions’ Forecast and Plan calendar including interaction with both Canadian and international finance partners. Close collaboration with HO Performance Management on assumptions, deliverables and coordination of due dates.
- Ensure governance and control processes for Forecast and Plan are in place and rigorously followed.
- Proactively identify efficiencies within the Global Functions Finance processes including automation opportunities and leveraging centres of expertise.
- Assist with the month-end close, prepare Forecast and Plan consolidated reports, maintain and enhance executive PowerPoints decks.
- Maintain internally developed excel spreadsheets/templates, including Stress Test modelling using VBA coding.
- Participate in special projects and analysis.
Must Have Skills:
- Business and/or Finance degree
- CPA, CFA designation is a nice to have
- EPM Cognos/TM1 finance systems experience preferred
- Proficient Excel user (database, pivots, what if, INDEX, MATCH etc.)
- 5 years of VBA coding experience with modelling capabilities
- Experience working with big database – to manipulate and create reports
- Previous RBC or other Financial Institution experience (7+ years)
- Strong focus on control and governance
- Candidate must be a proactive and independent worker, creative and innovative self-starter; as well as demonstrates a team-oriented spirit who brings lots of initiative to a small team.
- Project Management skillset and ability to manage multiple tasks in an environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to details and ability to assess materiality and summarize findings.
Only those eligible to work in Canada may apply.