Finance Project Control Officer
We are screening resumes and interviewing candidates for upcoming Project Control opportunities with a Big 5 Bank in downtown Toronto.
Brief Project Description:
The Project Control Officer will be working in a PMO environment. Primary responsibilities include: portfolio analysis and reporting, change management, invoice processing and communications tasks
- Provide project and portfolio financial reporting for led or sponsored projects
- Provide delivery leads analysis of portfolio financial health and issues
- Provide planning support for tools (i.e. project opening, funding updates)
- Support Executive and program level reporting as required
- Actively supports the Project Manager and Delivery leads in managing all aspects of the financials (including initiative tracking, reporting and managing/monitoring of actual versus plan, and processing of invoices)
- Support PMO Director with the intake process including the planning and prioritization of the delivery roadmap by preparing meeting agenda, documentation of minutes, updating the intake tracking log and maintaining the delivery roadmap.
- 80% – Monitor, track, and update project finance according to approved cost funding, including:
- Monitoring funding amounts
- Monitoring resource forecasting, other costs and use of generic resources to ensure that project funds and project forecasts are comparable
- Monitoring, tracking, and reconciling contract invoices to project finances
- Provides project management with timely updates on finances.
- Contribute to project’s documents focusing on project financials where appropriate
- Recommends process improvements where appropriate, provides monthly project financial reports, provides metrics and other exception reports as required
- Monitor, tracking, and processing of invoices
- 20% – Supporting intake process, audit, and governance controls
- Experience in Finance/Accounting
- Knowledge and use of MIS and planview
- Knowledge related to project cost management
- Some working knowledge of Agile and SDLC delivery methodologies.
- Experience in Microsoft suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Preparing reports in Excel (vlookup, pivot tables), Powerpoint Presentations
- University degree (e.g. Commerce, Business, Engineering etc)
- Please attach a resume in Word format, indicating when you are looking to start, your salary range, hourly rate range (incorporated), as well as how soon you can interview
Those eligible to work in Canada need apply.