Financial Analyst, Product Control
Our client, a leading financial institution based in Downtown Toronto, are looking for a Financial Analyst to join their Product Control, team to be instrumental in providing detailed analysis on numerous projects.
Using your strong academic background and desire to pursue a career within banking and finance, you will support many arms of the operation, including P&L attribution, reconciliations, trade processing and trade reporting.
You will utilise your strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with front office and counterparties to ensure all processes are efficiently conducted.
- Production of daily P&L for assigned books. Validation of P&L through risk based attribution. Reconciliation of daily P&L to expectations, with corresponding P&L commentary to ensure sign-off by the Front Office.
- Ensuring daily reported P&L is reconciled to the Bank’s General Ledger. Proactive approach to ensure breaks are escalated and resolved on a timely basis as required by established work flows.
- Ensuring balance sheet accounts are substantiated.
- Production, review and analysis of IPV where required
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Financial Mathematics, Financial Engineering in combination with business / accounting is preferred.
- Completion of Co-op Programmes/Internships
- A CFA or FRM will also be an asset.
- Analytical mindset
If you are looking to kick start your career within banking/capital markets and are keen to join a leading financial institution where you will be given full training, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Please apply with resume in Word format.
For more opportunities, please go to www.fpinc.ca
We specialize in finding high performing, talented Accounting & Finance Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies across Canada for permanent, contract and project opportunities. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the process. As your trusted advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.