Our client, one of the Big five banks in Canada, is looking for a Full Stack Developer to complete its team.
Investor & Treasury Services has developed a multi-year Business Transformation strategy that focuses on aligning our clients’ requirements with system enhancements designed to improve their overall experience, enhance operational efficiency and reduce risk. By investing in new talent, functionality and products, we envision technology services that deliver optimum support for our clients, whether for ongoing activities or in response to market or global regulatory change.
All responsibilities carried out in accordance with Code of Conduct, company Values and Guiding Principles ensuring adherence to Privacy principles.
As a Developer, he will be working with a first-class team and brilliant-minds in tackling extremely challenging problems, while shipping high-quality application and developing deep product knowledge, technical expertise and problem solving.
- Develop and Deliver systems in partnership with the Product team.
- Enable Test Automation for deliverables.
- Deliver constructive, actionable feedback in an empathetic way.
- Use best practices to ship high-quality code and continue to push to increase knowledge.
- Identify and communicate problems with technology and investigate potential causes; suggest improvements to technology and tools and investigate implementations.
- Contribute in the creation of technical strategy for innovation projects within company I&TS. Identify technical and business opportunities to take advantage of cross project knowledge, best practices and reusability to expedite projects.
- Understand company goals, ask questions / challenge company goals / seek clarity on what the company is doing and why.
- Develop your empathy and knowledge of company Investor and Treasury Services users.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in Cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Pivotal, Azure
- 3-5 years of experience in DevOps capabilities E.g. Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, UrbanCode etc.
- Micro services architecture and platforms such as Node.js and Spring Boot
- Experience in SQL, NoSQL and Big Data platforms
- Experience with data streaming technologies like Kafka
- Experience in Agile Methodology.
- Experience in or understanding of Product Innovation: Scale innovation, Technology Adoption Curve, MVP, Economic Values.
- BS/BA degree in Computer sciences
- Software engineering principles and underlying development concepts
- Ability to understand and model abstract concepts
- Good understanding of peripheral technology concepts (networking, security, software architecture)
- Ability to individually translate user stories into software increments
- Ability to review code made by others and assess adequacy to team coding standards and best practices.
What kinds of decisions does the job make?
- Suggest a new standup format
- Suggested improvements empathetically during a code review
- Suggested how we ca improve a process in the aftermath of a incident instead of identifying whose fault it was
- Broke a large piece of work into smaller individual units that could be parallelised
Complexities & Risks
- Facilitates initiatives of small-to-medium size scale and complexity
- Works in a fast-paced environment requiring full stack developer to frequently respond to and anticipate changes in plans and scope
- Accountable for producing outcomes with limited control over the resources executing the work
- Broad spectrum of soft skills required for success and requires a continuous pursuit of knowledge and practice
- Needs to adapt interpersonal style to highly diverse individuals and groups in a range of situations
- Inability to effectively play role will result in loss of business benefits commensurate to size of project