We are recruiting on behalf of our Banking client, a Project Manager for a 6 months+ contract. In this role, you will utilize your superior relationship building skills to engage with stakeholders across multiple work streams including other Project Managers, Program Managers and Subject Matter Experts.
Brief Project Description:
• IFRS 16 is a new accounting standard on Leases. This Workstream will work with largely with our Finance teams (platform and subsidiaries) to identify potential other leases that may require lease treatment under the new standard. This Workstream will work closely with the Real Estate and Equipment workstreams. This Workstream will also act as a liaison between the project team and the subsidiary and platform Finance teams to ensure smooth project execution.
IFRS 16 is the project name; this role will be working within one of the workstreams
Current project team is a mix of Finance SMEs, Real estate and IT SMEs, and project support. Culture is collaborative and goal-oriented. Success is defined as smooth implementation of this new accounting standard at the enterprise and subsidiary level as at November 1/19.
Key resource for IFRS 16 Other Leases Workstream. Assist Lead to (1) develop project plan (2) organize meetings with ~25 Finance teams to identify new leases (3) organize information received (4) work closely with other PMs on the project and overall project team to coordinate information and activities (5) create presentations for the various project meetings and (6) answer questions/resolve issues raised by ~25 Finance teams /other stakeholders.
Finance or accounting background
PMP or equivalent
Must Have Skills: (Other than prior project experience)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Critical thinking and resourcefulness
- Able to work with people from different backgrounds and culture; strong communication skills
Nice to Have Skills:
• Basic accounting understanding; familiarity with accounting close process.
• IFRS knowledge
- Strong listening skills
- Able to process a lot of information
- Able to work well in a team
- Takes initiative once guidance provided