Our client in the hospitality industry is looking for a Payroll Specialist for their Yonge and Bloor location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately review and process payroll in accordance with company and regulatory requirements for 700 employees, hourly and salaried, and with multiple collective agreements.
- Process manual/off-cycle pays as required, terminations (ROE’s and vacation pays)
- Process various regulatory reporting, including ROEs, WSIB remittances, wage garnishments, employment verification requests and new hiring report
- Process and oversee year-end reporting and tax form (T4, RL1, W-2, etc)
- Process special payrolls including benefit and year-end adjustments
- Process new hires, terminations and employee changes according to company’s policy and regulation
- Assisting with employee benefits and administration as necessary
- Verify completed payrolls and review reports for accuracy and completeness before distribution.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between Finance, HR, and Restaurants to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Record and maintain employee payroll information accurately; ensure proper authorization and adherence to company policies including compliance with federal/state/local regulations for any changes to be made to employee records
- Bachelor Degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance is an asset
- PCP or CPM enrolment or designation is preferred
- 4+ years of full cycle payroll experience in a computerized payroll environment is required
- Excellent skills using Excel, MS Word, and experience working with automated Payroll systems
- Self-starter at heart, with strong problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
Only people who are eligible to work in Canada may apply.
For other opportunities, please visit our website at www.fpinc.ca