Job type: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately review and process Payroll in accordance with company and regulatory requirement for 500+ employees, hourly and salaried, and with multiple collective agreements.
• Process manual/off-cycle pays as required, terminations (ROE’s and vacation pays)
• Process various regulatory reporting, including ROEs, WSIB remittances, wage garnishments, employment verification requests and new hiring report
• Process and oversee year end reporting and tax form (T4, RL1, W-2, etc)
• Process special payrolls including benefit and year end adjustments
• Process new hires, terminations and employee changes in according to company’s policy and regulation
• Assisting with employee benefits and administration as necessary
• Verify completed payrolls and review reports for accuracy and completeness before distribution.
• Responsible for the coordination efforts between Finance, HR, and Restaurants to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
• Record and maintain employee payroll information accurately; ensure proper authorization and adherence to company policies including compliance with federal/state/local regulations for any changes to be made to employee records
• Bachelor Degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance is an asset
• PCP or CPM enrolment or designation is preferred
• 4+ years of full cycle payroll experience in a computerized payroll environment is required
• Excellent skills using Excel, MS Word, and experience working with automated Payroll systems
• Self-starter at heart, with strong problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
Please apply with the word format of your updated resume.