Project Control Officer – IT
We are screening resumes and interviewing candidates for upcoming opportunities in a future. If you are an active or passive job seeker, we'd love to hear from you!
About our client:
One of Canada’s largest banks, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization, our client is one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
Why do you want to work here?
Progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper.
A dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing working environment. Opportunities to do challenging work
Opportunities to build close relationships with various stakeholders
Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Position Purpose: A Proficient Project Control Officer is responsible for the development, maintenance and variance analysis/reporting of a small to mid-sized Information Technology Program Plan.
- Supports the Program Manager in planning, executing, controlling and closing phases of the program. Participates in PMO planning and development sessions (strategic, tactical plans, budgeting)
- Analysis to extensively monitor the milestone reports so that any impacts to schedule can be escalated to the Program Manager.
- Completes weekly Schedule Variance reports & PCO Project Status Reports and Scorecards. Prepare Weekly PMO Report package, including Program Status Summary, Milestones Reports.
- Provides customized reports for key program leaders and management team
- Supports Project Manager to monitor the Action Items Log, Risks Tracking Log, Issues Tracking Log, Change Requests Log, and Decisions Log
- Assist IT Project Managers in the development, management and on-going maintenance of IT Project Schedules. Assists Project Managers in identifying inter-project and task dependencies and constraints.
- Provide ongoing training to PM on maintaining and monitoring detailed project schedule
- Analyze and monitor the milestone reports extensively so that any impacts to schedule can be escalated to Project Manager
- Follow–up, assist & approve the Project team’s weekly Time Reporting and escalate non-compliance
- Provide PM with weekly reporting on the project schedule including Project Schedule Scorecards & Project Team Conformance Scorecards
- Perform weekly Risk Assessment on the Project Schedule identifying potential risks/opportunities and recommend mitigation strategies
- Escalate potential schedule issues
- Perform weekly schedule variance analysis and prepare Variance Reports
- Prepare Earned Work reports for PM & assist in interpreting results and recommend corrective actions
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management Certification would be an asset
- 1 – 5 years previous experience as a Project Control Officer on small to mid-sized programs
- 3 – 5 years previous experience as a Project Manager managing projects and project schedules
- In addition to Project Manager experience, previous experience as a Business Analyst would be an asset
- 5 years corporate work experience in a Financial Services organization
Please apply with the word format of your updated resume.