Department: Capital Markets Operations Performance Management
Reporting Analyst – Proficient
Position Purpose: Responsible for acting as SME and interface between the tools and resources to provide business intelligence and insight.
- Provide in-depth analysis and reporting on business performance activities
- Collaboration with internal teams to develop advanced analysis and modeling methods to drive deeper insight and identify revenue opportunities based on information gathering of current trends, competition and strategy
- Provide financial and operational support to monitor the business
- Build collaborative relationships across Sales, Marketing, Finance and all Corporate stakeholders
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, math or computer science disciplines or required education/experience
- CMA candidates or MBA – preferred
- 2-4 years related experience
- Previous bank experience – would be a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including macros, pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.
- Advanced MS Access skills, including form access, report design, etc.
- Previous experience in applying statistical techniques
- Ability to drive success through ambiguity, resulting from high variable levels of data complexity
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server management and development, including SSIS packages, DBA functions, advanced query construction, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
* Securities industry knowledge would be a plus
What program/technology/software knowledge is essential for this role and in what capacity will the successful candidate be using it:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Access
- SQL select queries
- Qlikview or Tableau for report design
Must Have Skills:
• list all the musts haves
- Experience working with and analyzing data
- Report and presentation design for an executive audience
- Reaching conclusions in data and writing insightful commentary
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in business analysis
- Knowledge of third-party trade execution expense/market data expense
Those candidates legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.
For additional opportunities, please visit: https://www.fpinc.ca/opportunities/