Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible in supporting the full cycle accounting, financial reporting and project budgeting/forecasting . This position addresses tight deadlines and a number of accounting and finance activities including general ledger analysis, financial statements preparation and analysis, audit, statutory reporting, and budgeting.
You will be responsible for the following duties inclusive but not limited to the following:
- Produce accurate and timely financial statements and management reports for multiple entities.
- Preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations for review by the Controller
- Review and analyze GL accounts for completeness and accuracy.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, variance analysis & other reports.
- Completion of all required month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing procedures.
- Ensure timely invoicing and collection of inter-company expense allocations and other billings.
- Identify accounting issues and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Participate in preparation and coordination of annual audits.
- Assist Controller with project forecasting & budgeting inclusive of cash flow projections and strategic forecasting
- Assist in project close out control procedures
- Work closely with engineering, project management and IT to establish continuous process improvement strategies and increase operational efficiencies
- Documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects, as assigned.
In order to qualify for the position, the candidates must possess the following skill set:
- In pursuit and near completion of professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Working knowledge of GAAP principles
- Proven experience working in a project driven environment (construction, engineering, architecture)
- Capability to thrive in a dynamic, hard-working and detailed oriented team environment meeting reporting deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and relationship building skills