Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: GRM TMO, Credit Impairment Programs
Reason for opening: Staff augmentation
Brief Project Description:
The Senior Project Manager role in GRM (Group Risk Management ) TMO will support the successful delivery of projects in several regulatory programs, including IFRS 9 Impairment, CECL and Stress Testing. The role will plan, lead, deliver and implement regulatory projects to ensure enterprise-wide program strategic goals and objectives are accomplished within approved time-frames, scope and budget.
Project Name: IFRS9, CECL, and Stress Testing, primarily
• Medium sized cross-functional team, with program visibility at very senior levels. Fast-paced and evolving.
• Plan and execute project scope, requirements, changes, and conveying impact on budget, time and risk using appropriate fact-based metrics / assumptions
• Facilitates planning workshops with the client and stakeholders in the early stages of project planning
• Identifies resource requirements, and manages project financial costs, benefits and budgets and reporting for program roll up needs
• Raises, assesses and tracks issues, risk, assumptions and decision; resolves project conflicts, issues, assumptions, decisions; resolves minor project issues and escalates them to immediate manager when required
• Sets up appropriate governance and oversight of all projects
• Manages project documentation, communications, repositories and status reports and minutes to stakeholders, vendors, and project teams
• Provides superior client experience and strengthens relationships with all key stakeholders
• Timely engagement with RBC specific regulatory, compliance, finance, operational risk, supplier management, and other specific local or enterprise wide business processes, as determined by financial implications of the project’s costs
• Facilitate Project Sponsor awareness of internal factors affecting Organizational Change that need to be planned for and managed accordingly based on degree of change being introduced into the organization by the project
PMP, nice to have
What program/technology/software knowledge is essential for this role and in what capacity will the successful candidate be using it:
MS Office (including MS Project) used on a regular basis. Proficient skill-level is required.
Must Have Skills/Experience (In order of priority):
• 5+ years’ progressive project management experience leading large cross-enterprise projects with high level of value (benefit/cost), complexity and uncertainty
• Demonstrated leadership ability in similar large scale finance / risk / regulatory programs within the financial sector (banking, investment, insurance, trust)
• Advanced project management knowledge including plan development; scheduling methodology; project metrics gathering, analyzing, and reporting; risk and issue assessment and quantification methodologies; cost/benefit analysis and alternatives identification; budgeting, financials and benefits analysis, documentation and management
• Experience with , IFRS 9 CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review ) , ECL (Expected Credit Losses ), CMR (Credit Management Reporting) would be an advantage.
Nice to Have Skills/Experience:
• PMP and/or PgMP certification (preferred)
• Undergraduate degree – Preferably in Business/Economics
- Strong written and verbal Communication skills
- Ability to manage a variety of competing priorities and personalities
Please send the word format of your updated resume.