This is a 6 mos contract to start. There is a high possibility for transitioning into a Full time once the contract period is complete. Reporting directly to the director.
• Work on Capital funding plans using financial models
• Prepare quarterly regulatory securitization reporting, which entails the calculation of key ratios to ensure compliance with Board risk appetite
• Management and execution of monthly and/or quarterly NHA-MBS/CMB transactions
• Continually present to Senior Management the cost of funds of current securitization programs, including re-investment costs, compared to other securitization funding options, and other wholesale funding programs
• Enhancements and maintenance of reinvestment models, which includes investigating and recommending re-investment strategies to the Director, Funding. Work with Delivery partners, as applicable to execute re-investment strategies
• Provide input into the annual Planning process and all forecasts and projections around wholesale funding strategy and all costs associated with existing funding sources
• Manage existing funding programs and support renewal negotiations
• Recommend an external capital generation plan to Director, Funding and VP, Treasury
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• At least 3-5 years of relevant Treasury experience within the financial services industry
• Competencies in capital planning and development of a capital framework
• Superior knowledge of long-term funding and capital issuance
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• Understanding of the types of products offered by financial institutions
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with varied audiences and needs
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills; excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent ability to operate effectively in an entrepreneurial environment – ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and demonstrate a nimble approach
• Database modelling experience is an asset
• Undergraduate degree in finance, economics or related field. A Master’s degree in business and/or a Professional accounting certification is preferred
• Experience with DICO is an asset
Only people who are eligible to work in Canada can apply.
Please apply with the word format of your updated resume.