Our client is one of the Big 5 Banks in Canada, looking for a Solutions Architect for its team.
The Solutions Architect will play a key role in shaping the strategy and implementation of Wealth Management applications. The Architect will partner with business stakeholders, technology leadership and development teams to drive the development of end-end-to solutions. The Architect will develop application roadmaps and provide technical leadership to key strategic and transformative programs for Wealth Management business. The Architect will primarily be responsible for the creation and rationalization of solutions as well as the communication of the same to both business and technology stakeholders and providing guidance to the delivery teams for its implementation.
What will you do?
- Work with technical teams and business partners/specialists within the Wealth Management application groups and 3rd parties to understand the current state and identify constraints in defining the future state architecture for applications & related interfaces.
- Define end to end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints for Customer and Advisor-facing digital channels. Analyze the viability of the solution to meet product timelines, budget and quality. Present the solution to different stakeholders and certification boards, including the Architecture Review Board, as needed.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical design and act as the lead technical authority on the program or project.
- Work with Data Architecture, Security Architecture, Infrastructure SME’s and project teams to ensure all aspects of the Wealth Management architecture are defined in conjunction with company standards, policies, priorities and best practices.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
- Manage the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, opportunities to improve efficiencies and TCO.
- Develop the architecture artifacts (Architecture Blueprint, Architecture Decisions, Application Roadmap) based on company practices and review with Enterprise Architecture, Lead Architects, Business Architects and key program stakeholders.
- Design, develop and lead PoCs occasionally in collaboration with development teams to evaluate new technologies, tools and solutions.
- 5+ years of architecture experience implementing solutions on large projects with solid understanding on data, security, resilient systems design, integration and application development via project implementations
- Solid experience with a variety of technologies/frameworks like Angular, JQuery, MongoDB and design approaches including event-driven architecture, cloud-based deployments, REST/API first applications, Service Oriented approaches, Streaming, Mobile technologies
- Very proficient in at least one of the leading technologies (e.g. Java, .NET etc.) and enthusiastic in doing hands-on work, if needed, to support PoCs and guide development teams
- Experience with designing and implementing cloud-based architecture solutions in public cloud platforms
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience with program/projects involving complex integration of technologies/platforms across functional technical teams
- Capability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with global architecture areas, Application Development, Technology &Operations management, Wealth Management business groups, Global Technology Infrastructure, and others
- Experience in the financial industry, particularly with Wealth Management, is desired and a consulting background is also preferred
- Experience with digital channels technology design and development is highly preferred
- Familiarity with Design Thinking and Customer Centric Design
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders