The Sr. Financial Analyst, Global Asset Management will be responsible to work closely with Global Asset Management (GAM) business partners and GAM Finance Managers to provide value added financial advisory support and management reporting for GAM seed capital and Head Office activities.
- Take the leading role as the GAM Centre of Expertise for Seed Capital Investments (investments in GAM mutual funds) which are booked within GAM Other and Special Purpose Entities (SPEs) knowledge resource for GAM overall.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries for GAM Seed Capital, GAM Head Office, BlueBay and Others.
- Responsible for forecasting, plan, 5 year outlook and actual results for GAM Other, Seed Capital and support GAM global reporting.
- Responsible for the timely production of GAM consolidated financial information for monthly review package and monthly/quarterly results reports.
- Responsible for responding to overall actual, plan/forecast and GAM Other segment queries.
- Ensure timely reporting and communicate effectively with the business in interpreting the financial results
- Assist in maintaining appropriate Performance Management drivers/ metrics including economic/market updates.
- Develop tailored financial modeling and analytical support for specific initiatives or special projects; performing adhoc analysis as needed. What do you need to succeed
- CPA, CA designation or working towards one
- 2-5+ years of related corporate finance or accounting experience within a financial institution
- Proven ability to identify efficiency improvements and manage process changes
- Must have advanced proficiency in EXCEL (strong Macros and Pivot Tables)
- Solid financial and management reporting skills
- Experience with EPM, Cognos and PeopleSoft accounting/reporting systems is an asset
- Self-motivator (self-starter) with sense of urgency
- Strong teamwork, inter-personal and communication cooperation skills
- Solid analytical, technical and problem solving skills
Only those eligible to work in Canada may apply.