Tax Accountant – Contract
We are screening resumes and interviewing candidates for upcoming opportunities in the Tax field. If you are an active or passive job seeker, we'd love to hear from you!
About our client:
One of Canada’s largest banks, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization, our client is one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
Why do you want to work here?
- Progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper.
- A dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing working environment. Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to build close relationships with various stakeholders
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Contracts typically start out at 6months to 1 year in length and are generally extendable or convertable.
Position Purpose: Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information for clients.
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Reports organization's finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems
- Compute taxes owed and prepares paperwork for all levels of administrative tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent education/experience
- CA/CPA/CMA certification is nice to have
- 2+ years of tax accounting experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting
- Knowledge of commodity tax, payroll tax, taxation on derivatives taxes
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing and executing taxation procedures for large financial services firms
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced user proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, spreadsheet/financial accounting skills, and any other related accounting software
Please attach a resume in Word format and a brief cover letter, indicating when you are looking to start, your salary range, hourly rate range (incorporated), as well as how soon you can interview. One of our recruiters will be in touch to have a chat for suitable opportunities when they arise.
We specialize in the recruitment of high performing, talented, Accounting, Finance, and Project Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies for permanent, contract and project opportunities in Banking, Finance and Accounting. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the search process. As your trusted recruitment advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.