Trading Book Data Analyst
6 month+ Contract
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Manager – Book Data Management, the Book Data Analyst will play a key role in developing and executing upon the data management strategy and goals for Capital Markets. As part of an evolving and maturing data management function, the Book Data Management team is accountable for the implementation and maintenance of the reference data used in our operational processes, supporting our data governance and quality controls, as well as overseeing business and regulatory initiatives that have a significant data impact.
- Manage and support Book Data Management daily operations
- Support the Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB) project initiative
- Ensure data content is fit for purpose and meets the data quality requirements of business consumers
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess knowledge of, and experience with, reference data, data analysis tools and technologies and the Capital Markets environment.
- Experience in operations support, trading and settlement systems, and a high degree of comfort with technology and data related applications.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from varying backgrounds including business, operations and technology teams.
- Experience in relationship management, data operations, and project implementation is an asset.
- Completion of an applicable university degree and/or relevant professional designation is required
- Solid understanding of data management practices
- 2+ years of data management experience in a similar role within the investment industry
- Excel Skills (VBA/ Macros) Ability to write and create advanced formulas and functions
- Analyze large data sets using pivot tables and pivot reporting
- Beginner SQL skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Thank you for your interest, we will contact select qualified candidates for initial phone screen by a recruiter and follow up interview with out client as soon as possible.